A whitewater rafting trip on the Upper, Lower, or Forks of the Kern is certainly the highlight of a visit to the Kern River Valley however, many times our guest ask us what they can do to extend their visit beyond a day or two on the water. Our office staff are all experts at helping our guests plan their summer vacations and they have plenty of suggestions for activities to augment your visit to the Kern River. Here are a some great suggestions to add a day or two to your visit:
1. A day hike to a grove of Giant Sequoia trees in the high country about an hour away from Kernville.
2. Spend a day learning the art of fly fishing with Guy Jeans of Kern River Fly Fishing Guide Service. Guy is an expert fly fisherman and knows exactly where the hungry trout lie.
3. Check out the activities available on Lake Isabella. Jet skis, pontoon boats, fishing and water skiing boats and kayaks are available at the North Fork Marina.Give Deb a call at
1-760-376-1812for more information.
4. Spend a leisurely day or afternoon playing a round of golf at the Kern River Golf Course. It’s a great nine hole course nestled in the middle of the scenic Kern River Canyon. You can’t beat the views. and the course is beautifully maintained.
5. Check out the haunted Silver City Ghost Town.It’s packed with historic buildings and has a few “certified” ghosts reported to be lurking in the woodwork.
6. The Kern River Brewing Company (KRBC). Admittedly, you probably won’t be spending an entire day at the KRBC, however Eric, Rebecca, and Kyle have perfected the art of brewing some of the tastiest craft beers (and root beer) ever to grace your taste buds. It’s a great place to relax after a day running the rapids, a hike, or a playing a round of golf.
Our office staff has plenty of other great ideas to help make your visit to the Kern River a fun and memorable experience. Feel free to give them a call at 1-800-323-4234 for more information.