KRO COVID-19 Guidelines
In developing operational guidelines for the 2020 season we are implementing many of the recommendations of the CDC, medical professionals, the State of California, Kern County and the U.S. Forest Service and adopting many of the emerging common practices of the outfitter and guiding industry as it responds to COVID-19. No matter how diligent our efforts, it is impossible to ensure that a river trip will be 100% free of sources of infection.
We ask that you please read the following procedures for how we intend to best protect our staff and guests.
- We are not mixing groups on rafts at this time. This means our minimum booking size is 4 per raft and our maximum booking size is 6 per raft. If you are a party smaller than four, then you must still book four people. If you are a party larger than six, then please call us so we can assist you with your reservation.
- We advise you not to book if you are considered an “at-risk” individual. Click here to read the CDC criteria for an “at-risk” person.
- The total trip size is now smaller. This will allow more space on our shuttle bus to and from the river.
- All equipment provided to guests will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected.
Pre-trip, before you arrive
- We will ask you to complete a self-screening test. If you answer yes to any of the following questions, you will not be allowed to attend the trip.
- Do you have a fever?
- Do you have chills or a headache not associated with another health issue?
- Do you have a cough that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
- Do you have shortness of breath or difficulty breathing that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
- Do you have a sore throat that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
- Do you have any muscle aches that you cannot attribute to another health condition or that may have been caused by a specific activity (such as physical exercise)?
- Have you lost your sense of smell or taste?
While at our Rafting Center
- We ask that you bring your facemask or covering from home and wear that while at our Rafting Center.
- We will have additional handwash stations available for you to use.
- Please maintain six feet away from other guests at our Rafting Center.
To and from the river
- We will load our shuttle bus from back to front, by group, to help maintain spacing between guests.
- While on the shuttle bus, please wear your mask.
While on the river
- Each raft will be just your group and your guide. We will not mix groups.
- We strongly suggest wearing a face covering (such as a buff) while rafting, however, these are optional.
- We are no longer providing water bottles on each raft. Please bring your own water bottle from home.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to maintain social distancing during your trip, although there may be scenarios where you will be in close contact with individuals outside of your group, such as rescuing a swimmer and pulling them into your raft. By attending one of our rafting trips, you are acknowledging and accepting this risk.
Last season we adjusted our cancellation policy to better protect our guests’ financial investment. In addition to that, our company policy states that if we initiate a trip cancellation, we will refund 100% of the rafting trip fare. Below is our cancellation policy if you initiate a cancellation.
|Trip Length||Notice 30 days or more prior||Notice 29 to 14 days prior||Notice 13 days or less prior|
|Two Day or One Day
Kernville Rapid Run
|$25 cancellation fee / person
$20 cancellation fee / person
$15 cancellation fee / person
|$50 cancellation fee / person
$35 cancellation fee / person
$25 cancellation fee / person