About KRO – Kern River Outfitters was established in 1980 by Bob Volpert. Originally named Outdoor Adventures, the company was comprised of whitewater rafting operations all over the west. With a focus on running high quality, high value, family friendly river trips, Bob grew the business to where it is today: Rafting operations in Idaho, Oregon and the Kern river in California. Working hand in hand with his three sons, the company has remained in the Volpert family who are committed to Bob’s original vision.
A message from Matt Volpert – Growing up in the river outfitting business, I know what it takes to not run a good rafting trip, but a great one. Our guides, my family and myself, are committed to providing a safe, and fun river trip that will be the highlight of your summer. For those interested in the other rivers that we run, my older brother Will is an outfitter in Oregon (Indigo Creek Outfitters / Rogue River Journeys) and my younger brother Skip handles our Middle Fork of the Salmon operation (Idaho River Journeys). I look forward to having you join us, and you can always reach me directly at email@example.com
Your Kern rafting experience starts here
- Our Kern operations have been evaluated as Outstanding by the U.S. Forest Service.
- We have the best and most comfortable camp on the river. A spacious campsite with private sleeping platforms and extra-thick sleeping pads.
- Delicious camp meals prepared with fresh ingredients. Famous dutch-oven desserts.
- Best guides in the business. Carefully trained, family friendly guides who take a great deal of pride in their job, and always put safety first.
- A full-time, year round, local office staff. And since the Kern is the only river we run, 100% of our efforts go towards running great Kern River trips.
You can make a reservation online, or by calling us at 1-760-376-3370.
Did you know?
- Kern River Outfitters was chosen by National Geographic as “One of the Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth”?
- Men’s Journal named us one of 9 top guides in America?
- The #1 best seller, “1,000 Places to See Before You Die” names Kern River Outfitters as the premier company for your Kern rafting vacation?
Kern River: The Best and Closest Rafting in California.
|City||Kern River||American (South Fork)||Tuolumne|
|Los Angeles||3 Hours, 174 Miles||7 Hours, 447 Miles||7 Hours, 346 Miles|
|San Diego||5 Hours, 276 Miles||9 Hours, 450 Miles||8 Hours, 450 Miles|
|Santa Barbara||3 Hours, 190 Miles||8 Hours, 435 Miles||7 Hours, 370 Miles|
|Las Vegas||5 Hours, 300 Miles||10 Hours, 550 Miles||8 Hours, 450 Miles|