Kern River Outfitters
A note about the 2013 season
Regrettably, the snowpack above the Kern River was much below average this winter and we’ve decided to wrap things up for 2013. We enjoyed a brief and fun few weeks on the Upper Kern but don’t expect enough water on the Lower Kern to run the top quality trips our guests expect. We’re hoping that 2014 will be a wet winter and we’ll be running a full schedule of trips next season. We look forward to having you join us.
Looking for a trip this summer? Our Rogue and Idaho companies have a packed season of whitewater and fun. These trips range from four to six days and have received a tremendous amount of positive reviews.
Why Choose Kern River Outfitters for your Kern River rafting trip?
- The premier whitewater rafting outfitter on the Kern River.
- Named a Top Outfitter on Earth by National Geographic
- River guides that are recognized as the best in the business. No tobacco use.
- Top-notch, carefully maintained rafting equipment.
- A knowledgeable and helpful office staff.
- Use of the preferred overnight campsite on the Lower Kern River.
- Deliciously prepared camp cuisine.
- Pub and Grub, Whitewater School, and Theme Trips.
Lower Kern, Upper Kern, and Forks of the Kern Rafting
Our most popular Kern River rafting trips are on the Lower Kern. Due to low water, our 2013 season will wrap up in late May. We are looking forward to 2014 which will bring back normal flows. The Upper Kern, near the historic town of Kernville, is a superb half or full-day rafting trip. In 2014 we will have Upper Kern rafting trips launching daily from early April through late June.