We won’t be rafting on the Kern River this season. Keep your fingers crossed for a wet 2016.
Read our press release regarding our decision here.
The California drought has reduced projected Kern River flows to a level that is inadequate to run the top-quality rafting trips our guests expect. In a normal water year we operate from mid-April into September and we hope to resume that schedule next year. In the meantime, call or email us if you would like help in finding a rafting vacation this summer.
This season, our Idaho and Oregon rafting companies will be offering 4 – 6 day river vacations on the Middle Fork of the Salmon and on the Rogue River. If you are looking for a California trip, we can recommend an outfitter on the American or Tuolumne. One section of the Kern that might have a season is the short Lickety stretch near Kernville. For those trips, email us and we will put you in touch with an outfitter.
Why Choose Kern River Outfitters for your 2016 Kern River rafting trip?
We are a 5-Star, award winning, distinguished company.
- Award winning trips with an acclaimed outfitter.
- Named a Top Outfitter on Earth by National Geographic. The only one on the Kern.
- River guides that are the best in the business.
- A Men’s Journal “Best Outfitter”. The only one on the Kern.
- A welcoming Rafting Center with FREE parking.
- Top-notch, carefully maintained rafting gear.
- A knowledgeable and helpful office staff.
- The most desirable overnight campsite on the Lower Kern River.
- Meticulously prepared camp meals.
- Pub and Grub, Whitewater School, and Theme Trips.