Kern River Outfitters
WAIT ‘TIL NEXT YEAR. JOIN US IN 2015.
We’ve decided not to offer any Kern River rafting trips this season. The California drought has reduced projected Kern River flows to a level that we feel is inadequate to run the top-quality rafting trips our guests expect. If current forecasts hold, things could be remarkably different in 2015. You can hold a prime 2015 date with a small deposit. If you are planning a group trip, special occasion or want to go on a weekend, now is the time to secure that 2015 trip date. Call or email us.
View this PDF to learn more about booking a 2015 rafting trip.
Our Idaho and Oregon rafting companies will be running a full season on the Middle Fork and Main Salmon rivers, and on the Rogue River.
The Kern River in Sequoia National Forest has the best river rafting in the United States and is only a few hours from Los Angeles, California. Kern River rafting features miles and miles of varying whitewater rapids from mild Class II runs to thrilling Class V rapids. Kern River Outfitters has offered rafting trips on the Kern since 1982 and we have trips for every ability and interest. To reserve a Kern River rafting trip date, call the Kern River Outfitters office to check on available space or book online.
Why Choose Kern River Outfitters for your Kern River rafting trip?
We are a 5-Star, award winning, distinguished company.
- The premier whitewater rafting outfitter on the Kern River.
- Named a Top Outfitter on Earth by National Geographic
- River guides that are recognized as the best in the business. No tobacco use.
- Top-notch, carefully maintained rafting equipment.
- A knowledgeable and helpful office staff.
- Use of the preferred overnight campsite on the Lower Kern River.
- Deliciously prepared camp cuisine.
- Pub and Grub, Whitewater School, and Theme Trips.
Lower Kern, Upper Kern, and Forks of the Kern Rafting
Our most popular Kern River rafting trips are on the Lower Kern. The Upper Kern, near the historic town of Kernville, is a superb half or full-day rafting trip. In 2014 we will have Upper Kern rafting trips launching daily from May through June.